Terms & Conditions
- Part I: Introduction and Definitions
- Part III: General Terms
- “Asset” means and refers to a piece of content or a software code. A piece of content can be expressed as text, documents, presentations, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, RLO (reusable learning object) or other such mediums of expression and other materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to Sunbird.org, and includes all postings on Sunbird.org by Users.
- "Intellectual Property" shall singly or collectively mean to include, as the case may be, all patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, service marks, service names, designs and any other proprietary information or other similar right arising or enforceable under Indian law.
- “User” means and refers to all users of Sunbird.org who access Sunbird.org and Use the Assets on Sunbird.org, in accordance with Part I and II of these Terms.
- “Use” or “Using” means and refers to using, accessing, viewing, or contributing Assets on Sunbird.org.
ACCESS AND USE
As a User you represent and warrant that you are of legal age and are legally competent to form a binding contract. If you’re agreeing to these Terms on behalf of a department, institution, organization or legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are duly authorized to agree to these Terms on behalf of that department, institution, organization or entity and these Terms are binding on them.
All Users shall have access to all the Assets available on Sunbird.org for the purpose of learning, finding, viewing Assets, and sharing Assets with other Users, through the web domain of Sunbird.org. It is possible that your access and use of Assets on Sunbird.org, may be disrupted due to technical or operational difficulties and with no prior notice of downtime. The Foundation makes no guarantee as to the continuous uptime and availability of Sunbird.org or the quality of Assets on Sunbird.org.
OBLIGATIONS OF USERS
- You access Sunbird.org only to Use the Assets.
- You will be responsible and liable for any activity on Sunbird.org by you.
Sunbird.org contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other intellectual property owned by the Foundation. Unless specifically specified, you agree not to copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such intellectual property. Access to or use of Sunbird.org does not confer upon anyone any license to the Foundation's Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that you will not use Sunbird.org to scrape or attempt to scrape any Asset available on Sunbird.org.
You hereby agree to keep and hold the Foundation, its directors, officers, employees and agents, fully indemnified and harmless from and against all claims, proceedings, penalties, damages, losses, actions, costs and expenses arising out of or in relation to your Use of Sunbird.org, your breach of these Terms, violation of any law, rules or regulations in relation to your Use of Sunbird.org.
Any violation or breach of the Terms may lead to suspension or termination of your account or access to Sunbird.org, for any reason whatsoever, including while investigating complaints or alleged violation of these Terms, or for use or attempt to use Sunbird.org for any purpose other than to share Assets.
This document is a written agreement and an electronic record and valid and enforceable electronic agreement / contract under Information Technology Act, 2000 (as applicable in Republic of India) and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes under applicable Indian laws. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures. Your usage of the Sunbird.org shall be your deemed acceptance of these Terms and all the modifications and updates thereto.
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of India and any disputes or proceedings arising hereunder shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
(Last updated on March 17, 2020)