Sunbird is an open-source program currently incubated by Ekstep.
Ecosystem partners like NIIT Limited, Tarento technologies, Tekdi technologies and others provide technology services. For the full list, please refer to the Community page.
Implementation partners like Ernst & Young (EY) and PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC) provide program management support.
We are happy to connect potential Sunbird adopters to our ecosystem partners. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
The Sunbird infrastructure supports the following broad areas of learning management,
- Creation and consumption of content, courses, training, lesson plans and assessments
- Storage of knowledge resources for use by practitioners and professionals
- Configuration and views for dashboards to showcase progress and assessment at an institutional or individual level
- Student and practitioner profile and registry services
- Organization of knowledge through an open taxonomy infrastructure
- Creation and publishing of announcements, notifications and circulars
- Linking of physical and digital assets using QR codes
- Provision for e-credentialing services
For a detailed view, please see the downloadable PDF.
Before you install Sunbird, you need to make sure that you have the required hardware, software and skill sets. The details for these are available in the Sunbird technical documentation. For details, click here.
The Sunbird Sandbox allows you to explore Sunbird's basic functionality. It also allows you to check out-of-box features that you may want to adopt or adapt for your specific needs.
You may also choose to install an instance of Sunbird on your own server space using the instructions provided here.
Note: Users who want to try out Sunbird's server instance, must acquire their own server space. Sunbird does not provide a trial server instance.
Being a completely open source project, you can contribute to Sunbird in various ways. You can partner with us by:
- Creating tools for the platform
- Developing modules and software for Sunbird
- Architecting new instances of Sunbird or adding to existing Sunbird architecture
- Developing content for Sunbird
- Implementing Sunbird
- Providing domain expertise (Education/Research/Innovation)
To contribute to Sunbird, write to email@example.com.